316 Stainless Radial Ball Bearings
- RINGS: AISI 316 stainless, non-magnetic, unground semi-precision.
- BALLS: Standard balls are 316 stainless. When necessary, other types of balls are available on a special order basis.
- BALL RETAINER (CAGE): Standard ball retainers are Polypropylene or Acetal. When higher heat capability is required, bearings can be manufactured with either a high temperature polymer cage or without a cage.
- SHIELDS/SEALS: Open design is standard. In some sizes we can provide either polymer shields or PTFE seals on a custom made to order basis. A minimum order will apply for a custom production run.
- LUBRICATION: KMS supplies the bearings with a light proprietary oil that reduces friction and noise, and is non contaminating in most applications. When necessary, special order lubricants can be provided.
- TEMPERATURE FOR STANDARD MATERIALS:
- Acetal Cage: -40°F to 180°F
- Polypropylene Cage: -40°F to 140°F
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- SUPERIOR CORROSION RESISTANCE: Most bearing failures today are caused by corrosion. KMS 316 stainless bearings can be utilized in environments destructive to conventional bearings.
- CAN BE WASHED DOWN: They can be washed down without having to re-lube to prevent rust.
- RUN IN LIQUIDS: Sea water, detergents, solvents, gasoline and hostile chemicals are no problem!
- MADE FROM FOOD + MEDICAL GRADE MATERIALS
- CAN RUN DRY IN SLOWER SPEEDS: 316 Stainless bearings do not require oil or grease for corrosion protection.
- NON MAGNETIC STAINLESS: Austenitic stainless steels, like 316 stainless, are not considered to be magnetic materials.
- HYGIENIC: 316 Stainless bearings can be washed down, will not rust, require no lubrication and can be sterilized.
- HIGH HEAT CAPABILITY: A KMS 316 Stainless bearing, fitted with a high temperature polymer cage or without a cage in a full complement construction, can run at higher temperatures up to 1000°F.
Reference: 1. Boyer, Howard E., and Timothy L. Gail, eds. Metals Handbook Desk Edition. Ohio: American Society for Metals. 1985